16 Oct 2014
Rubber Vine control, targeting the Established Lukin River Containment Area
The Rubber Vine Control project continues to carry out the established efforts to contain the Rubber Vine threat to within and south of the Lukin River in regards to the Cape. This project runs in conjunction with the Rubber Vine Control project contracted to WiIllmann Pastoral Co on Yarraden Station.
Project activities include:
- Prioritising any new infestation in the Yarraden Station region of the Lukin River, whenever practical and/or notifying appropriate stakeholders of its presence north of the established containment area.
- Preventing the establishment and spread of new incursions of targeted species;
- Control Rubber Vine along the Lukin River area, targeting its source infestation up river and moving systematically down river. When resources allow, investigate and documentation its lower infestation and incorporate into future planning to halt its march down river.
- Work with Cape York NRM, CYWAFAI, Wunthulpa Aboriginal Land Trust, Ayapathu Rangers and other stakeholders where appropriate, to carry out on ground works and
- Collect data to update existing mapping for Rubber Vine infestations and control areas