- Vigorous spreading creeper with pinkish hairy stems to 2m long, roots develop at leaf nodes to form dense mats.
- Leaves bright green, glossy appearance, lance shaped, usually 3-lobed with toothed edges, arranged in pairs along the stem.
- Bright yellow, daisy-like flowers up to 3cm in diameter.
- Native to Central America, this plant is widely used by gardeners as a soil stabiliser or ground cover. It invades native vegetation, creek mabnks, and disturbed areas.
- Prefers sandy or well-drained soils in coastal areas.
- Intolerant of deep shade, needs ample moisture.