- Spreads rapidly along roadsides and railway lines.
- It invades pastures and annual crops.
- And is also invasive in less-disturbed woodland habitats.
- An annual to short-lived perennial herb, usually growing from 40-80cm tall, but can grow to 1meter.
- Flowers throughout the year, but most commonly after onset of wet season.
- Flowers are an intense lilac-blue colour. (Which can be confused with “bluetops”)
- Leaves are hairy and toothed along edges. Crushed leaves emit a sharp, unpleasant aroma.
- Each plant produces hundreds or even thousands of small black seeds.