- Grows best where fertility, organic matter, soil moisture, and humidity are all high.
- Can tolerate some shade.
- Potential for establishment/introduction to wet tropics.
- A branched slender-stemmed perennial vine.
- Leaves are arranged in opposite pairs along the stems and are heart-shaped or triangular with an acute tip and broad base. Leaves may be 4-13cm long.
- Clusters of small white to greenish-white flower heads are borne along many stems.
- Seeds are very small and black with tuft of white bristles that are longer than the seed.