Giant sensitive plant
- Plant is native to Brazil, in tropical South America. It is now naturalized in the high rainfall areas of coastal North Queensland. The plant will choke out cane, other crops and grassland.
- A shrubby or sprawling annual although behaving as a perennial vine in certain years.
- Stem bunching, often scrambling over other plants, 4-angled, the angles lined with sharp, hooked prickles.
- Leaves are bright green, feather like, and sensitive to touch
- Very small pink flowers occur as round, fluffy balls about 12mm.
- Numerous seedpods are clustered, each about 25mm long 6mm wide when ripe. Clothed with small prickles