- The plant will grow very vigorously in a sunny position in moist soil.
- Prefers tropical climate.
- A robust climber with woody stems, which may very well overlap trees some 10m high.
- A dense white down covers both young stems and leaf undersides.
- The leaves are heart-shaped and up to 25cm wide, with lateral veins conspicuous on the underside.
- Tight clusters of trumpet-shaped flowers 5cm across, appear among the foliage in spring and summer, the flower are light pink changing to dark pink in the throat of the flower.