American rats tail grass
- Native to tropical South America, Central America, Caribbean, and Mexico.
- It can invade pastures and replace more productive types of grass.
- Often found along roadsides, pastures, and unmanaged lawns, where the seeds are spread by machinery.
- Seed head that grows up to 25 centimetres long and is between 5 and 30mm wide.
- Perennial grass up to 75 cm tall with clumping habit.
- American rat's tail grass is very similar to giant rats tail grass about 1.0 m in height. The experts have difficulty differentiating the two.