Building Business Strength From The Ground Up
Good soil health and plant ecosystems are paramount to farm business resilience. If we get this right, we reduce horticulture operation costs, time, and energy and ultimately improve profitability.
Come along to this upcoming workshop and learn about soil health, healthy ecological systems and how to put plans in place to improve your farm business resilience.
10:00 am - welcome and introduction at Lakeland Town Hall
10:30 am - Farm tour Lakeland Produce
- Soils health and testing in paddock demonstration
- Ecological health demonstration
12:00 pm - Lunch at Lakeland Town Hall
12:30 pm - Your Business Resilience Plan & farm soil & ecological health, including:
- Your farms ecological health & your plans
- Assessing your farms soil health
- Your whole farm business health
- Resilience planning
- Overview of QRIDA drought support grants & loans available to support your plans
- Q&A and next steps
- Dhiraj Gajera - Regional Soils Coordinator TNQ Drought Hub
- Wendy Seabrook - Founder & Director Learning from Nature
- Karen George - Manager, Resilience Growcom
NEED MORE INFO?
Karen George, Growcom – 0408 135 003 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop is delivered by Growcom with support from the TNQ Drought Hub with funding through the Australian Government’s Future Drought Fund and the Queensland Government’s Drought and Climate Adaptation Program.
Soon you will be able to view photos, videos and interactive media relating to projects and events. Check back soon for more information.