Attention creative minds!
The Cape York community is invited to submit entries for consideration to feature in a beautiful 2021 calendar, and your submissions are central to the 'wow factor' of the finished product.
Submissions are open to all ages from tiny tots to seniors. This is not a competition—every entry has equal value—so use your imagination to showcase why we need to cherish this special part of Australia.
The calendar is being produced by Cape York Natural Resource Management to celebrate the organisation’s 10-year anniversary of supporting people on the Cape.
Cape York NRM Chair Emma Jackson said the initiative was designed to showcase the close relationship between people and country on the Cape, and to help raise awareness of the environmental, social and cultural values of our region.
‘Cape York NRM has been working to create a sustainable and integrated region since 2010. We believe the natural and cultural values and the community spirit of this place are second to none and we want to showcase this remarkable region through the creative outputs of its people,’ Ms Jackson said.
Entries could be a photo of something on Cape York that is special to you, or you might like to submit a photo of an artwork you’ve created that symbolises the Cape, such as textile, drawing, painting or sculpture.
Submissions will be featured:
- across Cape York NRM’s communications channels using the hashtag #CapeYork:MyPlace
- in a hard-copy calendar
Entries close Monday 23 November 2020—please share and display the flyer on this page in the Publications tab.
Louise Gavin is working with Cape York NRM to collate the artwork for the calendar. Please direct all queries and entries to Louise email@example.com
- The image becomes the property of Cape York NRM
- The image may be used by Cape York NRM across any of its channels, at any time, including in hard-copy publications, digital platforms including social media and as exhibition materials.
- Your first name and location may be published in conjunction with the image
- While every effort will be made to publish all submissions, there is no guarantee your image will be used
- The calendar will not be sold, but distributed free-of-charge across the Cape
Who'll be there?
|#CapeYork:MyPlace flyer||3.3 MB|
Soon you will be able to view photos, videos and interactive media relating to projects and events. Check back soon for more information.