Aak Puul Ngantman Ltd
In our local language, Wik Mungkan, Aak Puul Ngantam translates as ‘Our father’s father’s country’ and refers directly to our ancestral homelands.
APN Cape Yorks ultimate goal is to help families of the Aurukun community return to their traditional homelands.
Our objectives are to:
- assist traditional owners getting back to country;
- assist traditional owners in the transfer of traditional knowledge to younger generations;
- look after and maintain the cultural and environmental diversity of the natural resources of the Southern Wik and Kugu groups and country;
- promote sustainable economic and training opportunities for all Wik and Kugu people; and
- promote social programs to improve health and educational outcomes for Wik and Kugu people.
Improved management of the southern Wik Clans area of the Holroyd Plain High Conservation value aquatic ecosystem
The focus of this project is to reduce the impact of feral pigs and weeds, to address identified key threats to the environmental values of prioritSouthern Wik Indigenous knowledge and engagement initiative to achieve Caring for our Country outcomes
Souther Wik Indigineous knowledge and engagement initiative to achieve Caring for our Country outcomes.