Cape York Weeds and Feral Animals Inc.
We are a small non profit group who is focused on the environment. We are involved in a variety of weeds and feral animal projects in Cape York Peninsula.
Currently our group is run by volunteers and part time officers. They have over twenty years of on ground experience in:
- On Ground Weed Management, Weed Identification, Weed Control, Weed Surveying/Mapping and Technical Advice.
- On Ground Feral Animal Management, Trapping, Ground Shooting, Aerial Shooting, Aerial Surveying/Mapping.
- AC/DC chemical training qualifications, affiliated with a Nationally Registered Training Organisation.
- Training in both an informal and formal capacity under the Conservation and Land Management.
- Fully Qualified Cattle, Horse Trainer and Riding Instructor.
- Training in Fencing and Property Maintenance.
- Informal training for all your NRM GIS needs including collecting, uploading and downloading data using a range of GIS related products, storing and analysing field data and creating maps to display your data.
We can offer a wide range of rural skills based training to equip people to work on the land.
In association with Hopevale Council, Hopevale Congress Rangers, and the Traditional owners, this project will continue Pond Apple control work that has been ongoing in the Hopevale, South Cape Bedford, Alligator creek, and Cooktown areas for the last twenty four years.
This project continues the pond apple control work in the Mt Amos and Cooktown area.
This project implements strategic and coordinated weed management actions to reduce the impacts of invasive species on the natural, agricultural and cultural values of Cape York.
This project is part of a larger program, implementing strategic and coordinated pest management to reduce the impacts of invasive species on the natural, agricultural and cultural values of Cape York.