Indigenous Fire and Land Management Workshops
Indigenous Fire and Land Management Workshop guidelines were released by the Minister for the Environment, the Hon Sussan Ley MP on 16 October 2020.
You have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the program requirements now so that you're ready to submit your application when the program opens on 2 November 2020.
With $2 million available at a minimum grant amount of $20,000 and maximum grant amount of $200,000 this is an opportunity not to be missed.
The objectives of the program are to:
- support Indigenous-led knowledge sharing of Indigenous fire and land management practices
- strengthen the knowledge and understanding of traditional Indigenous fire and land management practices
- support Indigenous communities to benefit from traditional fire and land management knowledge.
The intended outcomes of the program are:
- Indigenous-led fire and land management workshops that support a greater understanding of Indigenous fire and land management practices within Indigenous communities
- to support the inclusion of Indigenous fire and land management practices in wider conventional fire and land management arrangements
- Indigenous communities are empowered to progress Indigenous fire and land management activities.
Further details can be found at business.gov.au