The Queensland Government supports Regional NRM organisations through a number of different departments and funding programs.
Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing:
- Nest to Ocean Turtle Protection Program
Department of Natural Resources and Mines:
- Cape York NRM Regional Base Level Investment 2012-2013.
- Bioregional Assessment Project
- Core Operating 2013-2014
- Cape York NRM 2013-16 Queensland Regional Natural Resource Management Investment Program
- Water Quality Improvement Plan 2014-2015
Department of Environment and Heritage Protection. QLD Government (formerly Department of Environment and Resource Management)
- Establishing WIld Rivers Indigenous Reference Groups
- Wild Rivers Business and Economic Support Initiative
Queensland producers now have access to grants of up to $2500 to help tackle family business and succession planning thanks to the Queensland Government.
These ‘Flood ready … flood safe’ factsheets are a helpful guide and information source to help landholders prepare for, and cope with, floods. They were developed by the Regional Groups Collective with funding from the Queensland Government.
The Queensland Government has agreed or agreed in principle with all 10 recommendations from the Great Barrier Reef Water Science Taskforce.
Students from Mapoon and Western Cape College will learn about environmental management through the creation of art works from recycled rubbish and will exhibit their work at the upcoming Weipa Fishing Classic.
Queensland Government Department of Natural Resources and Mines is holding public information sessions across the plan area to provide further information on the statement of proposals and the commencement of the water planning process.