Queensland Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (DAFF)
The Queensland Government is represented through various Departments, according to policies of the government of the day.
An efficient, innovative, resilient and profitable agriculture, fisheries and forestry sector that thrives in the longterm.
Our work delivers on Government commitments
Our aim is to grow agriculture as one of the four pillars of the Queensland economy.
We are the Government's key advisor on strategies to achieve its goal of doubling food production by 2040.
- achieves maximum productivity with optimised inputs and minimised waste
- embraces solutions to add value and meet new requirements and market demands
- withstands and recovers quickly from difficult conditions
- yields financial rewards for its producers and the economy
Queensland's agriculture strategy: a vision to double agricultural production by 2040 (PDF, 1.9MB) outlines the four key industry-agreed pathways that we will focus on:
- securing and increasing resource availability
- driving productivity growth across the supply chain
- securing and increasing market access
- minimising the costs of production.
These pathways are the foundations required to increase production and value for sustainable and ongoing growth.