Department of Natural Resources and Mines (DNRM)
The Department of Natural Resources and Mines (DNRM) is an economic development agency that enables the productive and responsible use of the state's natural resources – water, land, mineral and energy resources – to generate wealth and prosperity for current and future generations of Queenslanders.
DRM staff provide a customer focused and modernised natural resources business that will power-up regional Queensland and grow a four pillar economy.
Over the next three to five years we will focus our energy and effort in three key areas:
- Power-up regional Queensland and the economy
- Customer-focused design and delivery of services
- Be the best natural resources agency in Australia
DNRM has four service areas:
- Land Services
- Water Services
- Mine Safety and Health Services
- Mining and Petroleum Services.
Investments funded through the Department of Natural Resources and Mines:
- Bioregional assessment project
- Cape York NRM Regional Base Level Investment 2012-2013
- Core Operating 2013-2014
- Cape York NRM 2013-16 Queensland Regional Natural Resource Management Investment Program
- Water Quality Improvement Plan Project