Queensland Pest Animal Strategies - Feral Pigs (Sus scrofa)
The overall vision of the feral pig management strategy is to use best practice
management to minimise the impact of feral pigs on the environment, economy and
health of Queensland.
The strategy is intended to achieve five outcomes:
(1) The community accepts that feral pigs are an issue for the community as a whole.
(2) Feral pigs are managed effectively.
(3) Resources are used effectively and strategically through collaborative and
coordinated pest management planning.
4) Strategic research is directed toward more accurately defining the feral pig problem
and finding effective management solutions.
(5) Effective feral pig management in Queensland is supported by adequate resourcing.