- Grows in disturbed areas such as roadsides, drainage channels, and overgrazed pastures, often-in dense swards along rivers and floodplains.
- A vigorously growing, very competitive, woody shrub, which grows 1.5-2.5 meters high and 1 meter wide.
- Normally an annual, but plants which have been slashed often reshoot, flower and last for a further year.
- Leaves are divided into 3 opposite pairs, about 4cm long and 2cm wide, rounded at the ends and wedge-shaped at the base.
- Flowers are yellow, small, about 1cm across with 5 petals.
- Seedpod is 10-15cm long, 3-5cmm slender and sickle-shaped.
ACTION: For control information contact your local government weed inspector or your Biosecurity Queensland Land Protection Officer.
Other weed identifiers
Plant Life Cycle
For further information on declaration refer to the NR&W Pest Fact series.